Tuesday, March 15, 2016

The Splendid Sampler

Life isn't always splendid, just like a quilt...some of the blocks are easy to do, a few require rethinking and restitching, and then there are those that need to be left alone and revisited with a fresh perspective.

This sampler reminds me of my life the past few years.  A sampling of different experiences, trials and successes.  New acquaintances, renewed friendships, change and acceptance, learning new things or reinventing more familiar, or just enjoying the colors life brings.

The Splendid Sampler is a quilt along brainchild of Pat Sloan and Jane Davidson.  It is " a year long 100 block ‘Epic Adventure’ of quilt making".  Just like life...an "epic adventure"!  Every Sunday and Thursday morning, PDF downloads of blocks created by 83 different designers are released.
CLICK HERE for the link to The Splendid Sampler web page.

I'm behind on my blocks, but that is ok.  Life happens and as long as I get to sew a little each day I'm just "SPLENDID"!

                                 "Hearts Aflutter" is the first block of the quilt designed by Pat Sloan.

I am using fat quarters and scraps left over from "Modern Love" by Moda.  Originally the fabrics were selected for use in a 50th Anniversary Quilt for my mother and father-in-law.
This block features appliqué (I chose to do mine on the machine with a blanket stitch) and piecing with diagonals.  A great way to get started!!

In my "Happy Place",
Renee

 


No comments:

Post a Comment