Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Splendid Sampler-"Wings"-Block #2

I'm working on the Splendid Sampler as much as life allows...that is the SPLENDID thing about quilting...it is always right where I left it when I return.

This block came all the way from Australia from Jane Davidson, the other co-creater of The Splendid Sampler, along with Pat Sloan.

My block taught me perseverance....also something needed in life.  I see the little pieces and how they need to line up "just so" in order to create the "wings" for the butterflies.  Did you know that the metamorphosis timeframe is 10-15 days for most butterflies?  I didn't feel quite so bad about how long it took me to get this block to my liking.  Sometimes things don't go exactly as planned, but that's life....A SPLENDID life!

Always in stitches,
Renee


No comments:

Post a Comment