Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Machine Embroidered Dog Collar


This post is all about Nelli and her participation in my son's wedding as ringbearer!
Since she is his baby, he and the bride wanted her to be in the wedding.  Naturally grandmom (or Ney-Ney) needed to make wedding attire!

I started with scrap white broadcloth that I had cut off the flower girl dress prior to hemming and used the same mini blue rick rack I had put on the flower girl's angel wings. (see previous post Wedding Sewing)  It was easy to make a casing and straight stitch the rick rack on each edge, but how did I want to embellish a dog collar to make her look like a girl but not make the son say "no way Mom!" ?

Why not use the same machine embroidery design I used on a burlap ribbon for other wedding decor?
Egad! I love working under pressure (yes, it was the night before we were supposed to head to the out of town wedding and the day after I had spent the whole day in bed with strep throat)!!!

I pulled a piece of burlap out of the trash can and readied it for embroidery by using spray adhesive onto Wet and Gone stabilizer.  After hooping and pulling up my saved design, I threaded the proper thread and began my "in the hoop" dog tag.

A satin bow the same color as the flower girl's and blue satin ribbon with love knots to hold the bow together were added to make the perfect wedding collar for our Nelli!


In Stitches,
Renee
PS.  All content is the property of Renee Galloway.  Please feel free to pin on Pinterest or share but remember to give credit where credit is due!  Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment