Friday, January 31, 2014

50th Anniversary






My parents recently celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary!
My brothers and sisters-in-law planned for months to host a reception in their honor.  Being the "big sister" (as you can see here, this doesn't mean physically since I look up to the "little brother" and "baby brother"), I coordinated all the planning.  I'm so glad we all pulled it together!
The grandchildren all got to lend a hand....the little ones got to decopauge  music onto votives for table decor....

while the older grandchildren played the role of photographer and assisted with the presentation of the original wedding dress!   (these kids belong to me!)
I worked on their anniversary gift using Anita Good Designs "Tree of LIfe" Quilt Software.  I selected Moda Fabrics from my local quilt shop Couture Sewing Center and used Floriani embroidery thread.  
After many embroidery stitches and about 100 hours of work, the quilt was complete!
     


My parents loved the quilt, presented to them by the grandchildren the night before with all the family present.  The tree has branches representing each child and the leaves are embroidered with names of all the members of our family.   I did save the "leaf" fabric and noted the thread color to add more leaves in the future....(I already have one made up to add after our August wedding:)))
  50 years of commitment....you don't give up no matter what life deals you!  So honored to have made the quilt that will last for many generations.  And in case you didn't notice, the cake matched perfectly thanks to my brother and sister-in-law.  

The whole gang!
Happy stitching!,
Renee




No comments:

Post a Comment