Sunday, December 22, 2013

Christmas Memories

As Christmas approaches I hope you have your sewing projects completed, shopping done, gifts wrapped and groceries purchased! Since my children are grown and I'm still a few years away from grandchildren, our Christmas traditions have changed since little feet pattered into the room to see what Santa brought. We still gather, eat, exchange gifts and play games with the emphasis more on family time since my children live in another state. Christmastime brings memories of times past as the ornaments made with once tiny hands are placed on the "family" tree as well as the hanging of Hallmark ornament representative of each personality.

Christmas sewing was always a big deal for me and my daughter. She always selected her fabrics and would look through my magazines, books and patterns to find the "perfect" dress that no other child would have for the school Christmas performance and church services throughout December. Oh the memories involved in the creative process!!!

Double collared smocked bishop on a basic yoke dress-short sleeves for Southern Christmas temps.[caption id="attachment_973" align="aligncenter" width="590"] Double collared smocked bishop on a basic yoke dress-short sleeves for Southern Christmas temps.[/caption]



[caption id="attachment_979" align="aligncenter" width="590"]Smocked clothing can be worn anytime! Smocked clothing can be worn anytime![/caption]



Merry Christmas and many happy memories!
Renee

2 comments:

  1. Renee, I loved your post and especially to share your family memories with everyone. To see how adorable Jessica was in her Christmas dress and the light in her eyes. She looks like an angel! I live on my memories and am planning on new ones as Karol and the kids are on their way and the fun is about to begin! Love you honey. Ann Mommy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for sharing this content with us. I have something important to share with you regarding luxury baby clothing, I hope this will give you some suggestions to work on your upcoming blogs on kids clothing.

    ReplyDelete