Thursday, July 19, 2018

Where Is It????

Where is it???  I mean, when I get ready to start a project, I want to know where the pattern is, get all my supplies together and in a project box.  That way I don't spend valuable time "hunting down" a quilt pattern.  Or, what about "I need a baby quilt by next weekend..." prompts a huge game of hide and seek so I can pick out the perfect project.

I decided to try logging my magazines into a Numbers program (MAC users-PC users it is Excel) so I could decipher my various quilting magazines and the projects therein.  About a year in to this endeveour, I find the typed columns a bit of a puzzle.  I needed a way to categorize, have a picture of the project for easy reference as well as tags to search and pull for me.  A way to search quickly, then pull the magazines or books would be a novel way for this OCD to retrieve information from all the invested money for "resources" (ie.patterns,magazines and books that come regularly to my house).


 It would have been handy in my last project (which I need to do a post on) in using rulers correctly--or better yet, why I needed a specific ruler for a specific purpose.

Going to the "trusty" internet, I located an app/program that will record, categorize and tag books, music, videos, etc.  Why not my favorite quilting periodicals?  With a little adjusting, I was able to enter my own cataloging system.  Now, perhaps, I can locate projects that fit the requirements I'm looking for, pull my magazines, (which are also organized by this OCD into binders for easy retrieval) and sip my coffee while perusing the project that will "fit the bill" and make me happy.  And, by the way, it is free for 5,000 entries. Did I mention it is available as an app for your IOS devices and it syncs all information!!!

This month's McCall's Quilting Sept./Oct issue is my trial for using libib.  It is pronounced "luh-bib".
I set up an account and have the option to publish it for anyone to use or keep it private.  What are your thoughts?  Should I publish? Would you utilize something like this to help with your project planning?  Check it out at neyneystitches.libib.com!

Happy Searching and Stitching!
Renee (Ney-Ney)



No comments:

Post a Comment