Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Help Tornado Victims

Recently while doing my regular scrolling through Pinterest, I came across a pin that could make a difference in a young child's life.

Sewing to Rebuild

"Sewing to Rebuild" is an effort by several handmade businesses to clothe the children that have been affected by this terrible tragedy brought about by the recent tornado in Moore, Oklahoma. Being a hurricane Katrina survivor, I can well relate to no electricity, water or readily available food. I cannot, however, imagine what it would be like to exit a storm shelter or worse yet have hidden in a "safe" area of the house to see my worldly possessions tossed around like matchsticks.

By utilizing your sewing skills these businesses have made it possible to contribute handmade clothing that will be distributed to the young victims of this terrible storm. Once you visit the link, you'll see all the necessary information regarding the distribution and all the instructions to get these items into the right hands. They have even provided free PDF patterns to get you started if you need help with younger sizes.

For my local readers, I am planning on sending a box by the end of the week with a few items I have appliquéd as well as a stuffed animal or two. After all...these children might need a little extra TLC after what they've been through!

Check it out and make a difference in a child's life!

Happy Stitching!

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment