Monday, March 18, 2013

Perfectly Pink

Perfectly Pink BubbleI recently finished a "perfectly pink" bubble for a baby gift.  Is it possible that my son's high school friend and buddy could be getting to be a parent already?

Just yesterday he and my son were playing pranks on me ("oh, by the way, put the buoy back in the lake where it belongs....not in my swimming pool") and creating a "ruckus" in the yard with their motorcross bikes.  Not to mention all the good times we had bringing him along on road trips and church camp!

[caption id="attachment_480" align="aligncenter" width="300"]They look innocent.... They look innocent....[/caption]

So it was only appropriate that I make a "perfectly pink" smocked bubble for his first baby girl!

Perfectly Pink Smocking

I used Miche Mooney's Classic Bubble pattern, which is a favorite of mine and SO easy to assemble!  The smocking plate came from Australian Smocking Issue 91 "Babe in the Woods" and I modified it just a tad.  The "perfectly pink" batiste is from Martha Pullen and the citron green dog print fabric actually came from a grab bag at her School of Art Fashion!  It is from Anna Griffin's Fifi and Fido Collection.  I made the piping from some black microcheck bias I had in my stash.

Fifi and Fido by Anna Griffin

Of course I got carried away with the dog and perfectly pink theme, so I made a burp cloth with matching fabric ruffles and pink rick-rack featuring an embroidered pink poodle.  How much more appropriate for the whole perfectly pink theme?  A matching monogrammed bib using my Brother fonts just made the whole collection complete!

Perfectly Pink Bubble

I can't wait to meet the new baby when she arrives and hopefully the bubble will suit her personality.  After all, she can be "perfectly pink" and  still create a ruckus and learn to play pranks on her dad, right?

Happy Sewing!

Renee

No comments:

Post a Comment